Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Twinkle (343/366)



When I was small I eagerly welcomed the coming of Advent.  Each year, we put electric candles in all of the windows.  They were a source of such joy for me!  My mom and dad unplugged them all before they went to bed, so, since I went to bed early, I got to drift off to sleep with the candle in my window still glowing.  I laid in bed and watched the pattern it made on my ceiling, and the way beams of light snuck out through the folds of the curtains.  The light brought to my stomach that tingly feeling of anticipation and excitement, and it filled my heart with warmth and peace. 
This Advent, I don't have any candles for my windows.  I got a little strand of twinkle lights from the thrift store and I strung them around my window.  It's only me (no Mom and Dad to check on me) so I have to unplug them before I get in bed.  But I still feel that warmth and excitement, that Advent hope, when I see the lights' soft beams.

No comments: