Sunday, May 3, 2009

Perspective





These photos are of places that are so different to me that I was surprised at how alike they look.   The first is of a place I associate with summer: shorts and seafood and cool breezes.  The second is imbued with the evening light of winter, a light that never fails to tug at my heart and remind me of home.  However, there's a similar feeling in these photos despite their different subjects.

 The perspective plays a big role in each of the compositions: in both shots, it adds to the sense of distance, continuity, and movement.  My own perspective is different, too, as I see these places in pixels.  The new perspective allows me to see what I hadn't before.

When has a new perspective allowed you to see something that wasn't there before?  

2 comments:

from away said...

you're posting again! hi :)

Anonymous said...

Hello, good to see you're back. Thanks for stopping by to let me know.