Monday, February 7, 2011

Sad Chuisneoir (38/365)





The office fridge bit the dust.

When I came in this morning, I reached into the freezer for the loaf of bread I keep there so that I could make toast.  My nose was greeted by warm, stale air, and my bread was soft.  I looked with panic at the two tubs of ice cream left over from some office function in the early fall, and they were like milk.  (It's really time those were thrown out anyway.)

I think it was a blessing in disguise, as the fridge also contained hummus from July and expired seltzer water.  My coworkers and I dumped out the mayonnaise and the salsa from the recyclable jars and wiped all the shelves clean, and then I took my yogurt and kiwifruit upstairs and settled them between the panes of the hallway window to keep cold in the winter air.

(The title is a pun on a title of an older post.)

No comments: