Monday, May 23, 2011

Lonely Leche (143/365)





Well, it's happened: my love affair with Lärabars is over.  I usually go to Whole Foods after Irish class and stock up for the week.  I also occasionally treat myself to dumplings from the salad bar and two Lärabars.   I was excited because the Whole Foods in the edgy, really hip area of City of Keeping of Appearances sells them for a dollar, so I assumed that the Whole Foods by my class did, too.  And I don't check my receipts.  But today I only needed to buy milk, so I definitely noticed when my total was much higher than it should have been.  $1.79 for smashed dates, yes, smashed dates with an alluring Key Lime Pie flavor, but none the less smashed dates?!?  No, I'm not paying that.  (I will, however, spend $4 on a dish of frozen yogurt later this week.)  So my milk is lonely tonight.

Also, there are a lot of opportunities for other people to think I'm looney.  First, I stand on the platform taking pictures of  a bottle of milk inside a paper bag, over and over until I'm satisfied with the lighting.  Then I get on the train and take out my Irish homework.  It's impossible to study without moving my mouth.  There I sit, mouthing "Beidh mé ag dul go dtí Baile Átha Cliath amárach ar a trí a chlog," until I think I can say all the words.  What must people think of me?


No comments: