Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Dreams and Realities


Exciting, exciting, exciting news! A dream that I have had since 1997, when I learnt about hurling on a People to People Student Ambassadors trip to Ireland, has finally come true!  I've found a hurling and camogie league here in the City Where You Can Do Anything and have had a few practices.

Here's what I imagined I looked like after my first practice:


Notice from the background that I have magically relocated to Kerry, and that I am wearing an official Gaelic Athletic Association jersey.

Now here's what I looked like after my second practice: 


OUCH! Those are some muscles I haven't used in a while!


After yesterday's training I got to take home a hurley so that I could practice on my own. I felt like a kid who's dying to sleep with a brand new baseball glove under her pillow on Christmas night. Unfortunately a hurley would have been quite uncomfortable (and filthy) under my pillow. 


No comments: