Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Deja Vu (95/365)





I'm lucky to have added best friends like pearls on a string as I've been through life.  I've already written about my hometown best friends and my college roommate best friend.  I really don't think there's anything wrong with having more than one best friend, do you?

This month I'm lucky again because my best friend from England (we studied abroad together and met because we were assigned adjacent, alphabetical seats on the plane) is staying with me in the City of Eight Hundred Languages while she completes her internationally renowned certification in teaching English as a second language.   We come home at the end of our respective long days and crowd the kitchen table with our computers and books and snacks and tea while we do homework (well, while she does homework and I complete the all-important work of checking up on Mostest Favoritest of All Time Sports Team and update my blog).   We listen to the pigeons cooing on the roof of my apartment building and remember the kitchen of our English residence hall, with its own pigeons peering in the windows.  We remember the setting sun arching over the lawn and the wood behind our hall, a pink glow settling over those first snacks and meals we shared many years ago.



No comments: