Sunday, January 29, 2012

New Year, Second Chance


Today I went to the Lunar New Year parade; I was so excited I couldn't sleep last night. I arrived at the barricades early enough to claim a spot and visited with the others who were waiting, as the crowds shot off streams of confetti and snapped firecrackers against the sidewalk. After the parade, I went to a vegetarian restaurant for dim sum and sat and watching confetti blow past the window like snow. Then, full of yam cakes and green tea, I kicked through the streets, through the confetti-drifts.




























A month ago I was meditating on the glorious extravagance of Christmas, and now I'm mulling over the wonderful, abundant graciousness of two new years in one month. Did you mess up on your New Year's resolutions already? Well, guess what?!  It's a New Year AGAIN, already! 


No comments: