Sunday, June 17, 2012

Lucky



A few weekends ago my boyfriend and I worked on his deck and garden, straightening it up, setting out chairs and lanterns, and planting seeds for a miniature vegetable garden. (He did a lot of the work before I even arrived, and I helped him plant seeds and string the lights.) We had enjoyed the fruits of our labors over  a Memorial Day cookout and visited with his neighbors for a bit, but I hadn't really been back to see the plants. Today, after a long week, he invited me over for dinner after church. It was such a pleasure to run around the deck and see the little basil and lettuce sprouts, to plug the lights back in, to pull together our Adirondack chairs and enjoy our red pepper and feta omelettes and good conversation. What a delightful evening - I'm so lucky!

No comments: