Monday, March 17, 2008

It's a Lovely Day (77/366)






Today was indeed a lovely day for a Guinness - actually, a most glorious day all around.  I still feel like I'm living in a dream world, because I submitted the final draft of my thesis!   I feel satisfied with the way it turned out (and very grateful for the encouragement of my friends and family as the thesis consumed my life like a crazed octopus).   So today I was walking on clouds.  
I celebrated my Irish heritage and the successful completion of my thesis with some potatoes, a glass of Guinness, and a really neat documentary on the development of Irish popular music, Out of Ireland.  The film was quite engrossing and I got some insight into my all-time favorite band, U2, and their contemporaries.  The Guinness, for its part, was the best Guinness I have ever had.  Perhaps it was the sweet taste of freedom.
Happy St. Patrick's Day, everyone!  Beannaichtaí na Féile Pádraig!  (That means St. Patrick's Day blessings.)




4 comments:

angelfeet said...

Congratulations on getting the final draft done.

Audrey Mango said...

Thank you! :)

Yankee, Transferred said...

WOW! What an accomplishment. I spent many St. Patrick's Days standing in line outside Irish pubs in your neck of the woods, just waiting to get inside and sing a rounding chorus of "The Wild Rover."

Andromeda Jazmon said...

Congratulations! Blessings.