Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Peace Now (65/366)





UPDATE 3/7  We have peace!  Thanks be to God!  I am happy and relieved.
- - - - 
I wake up each morning more worried about the situation that is developing between Ecuador, Colombia, and Venezuela.  I keep checking the news for updates, hoping to hear of a solution, but instead I read that things are getting worse.  Correa and Chávez have both mobilised more troops to the Colombian border and members of all three governments go on arguing, with more and more rancor.  I feel such sorrow to think that a war might be the culmination of this mess; but I still have faith, even now, that we can find a diplomatic solution and real peace.  I lit all my little candles today to pray fiercely and bravely for true peace.

Me despierto cada día aún más preocupada por la situación que está desarollando en los paises de Ecuador, Colombia, y Venezuela.  Estoy sin cesar leyendo las noticías; cada día espero leer que ya han encontrando una solución pero leo que las cosas van empeorando todavía.  Hoy envió Chávez más ejércitos a la frontera colombiana, incluso sus fuerzas marinas, y todos los gobiernos sigan peleando entre ellos, cada vez con más rincor.  Me da tristeza, lástima, y dolor temer que una guerra sea inevitable.  Pero yo siempre, aún ahora, tengo fe que podemos alcanzar una solución diplomática  y que vamos a lograr la paz.  Alumbré cada una de mis velitas hoy en rezar muy fuerte y muy duro por la paz verdadera.

2 comments:

Yankee, Transferred said...

I pray for peace along with you, daily.

I love this photo.

Andromeda Jazmon said...

I was so happy to hear good news on this last night. I am praying for peace too.