Monday, March 24, 2008

Two Things (84/366)






This is the bouquet to which yesterday's single rose belongs.   I was happier with the way today's shots turned out (as you can see, the roses are not yellow), so I wanted to give the flowers a chance to make a good second impression.   These roses are special, because they are certified sustainably grown Ecuadorian roses, which means they were grown with minimal use of pesticides, and the workers were paid fair wages.  The sustainably program makes a big difference for the environment and for flower-growing communities in Ecuador.  You can find out more at www.veriflora.com.





Second, my brother has requested more outdoorsy, landscapey photos for my blog.  I've lamented the dearth of such pictures myself, but two factors have hindered me:
a. It's been quite cold on most days, too cold for mitten-removal and long pauses as I walk.
b. Living in the city means that I don't see expansive, gorgeous landscapes too often. :(
Today was bright and mild, so I attempted to rectify my negligence with a walk past the reservoir on my way to the library.  I hope to be taking pictures of spring-y glory soon!


3 comments:

Ampersand said...

the flowers are so lovely especially offset against the green.

Andromeda Jazmon said...

I am glad to hear that about the roses. They are beautiful and it makes me happy they were grown well for a fair wage.

Yankee, Transferred said...

I love the rose story, and I am so taken with your res photo.