Saturday, July 26, 2008

How Does Your Garden Grow? (208/366)









It was almost a year before I discovered this little street in my neighborhood, tucked away off a main road.  After that I always loved walking down it even if it took me a little out of my way. My neighborhood's streets all have Scottish names - Braemore, Ayr, and Lanark- and often they seem made for the grey skies and misty weather that settles down around them.  But this street and its proliferation of flowers that crowd the stones seems most Scottish to me.  The thing I remember most about Scotland was that every little house was adorned with at least a window box, and that flowers seemed to grow everywhere.   When I passed by these gardens I imagined I was in Scotland again, for a little while.


1 comment:

Andromeda Jazmon said...

Love these. I always enjoy walking down city streets like this one. It makes me feel right at home.