Saturday, January 15, 2011

Crabitat (15/365)





My little hermit crabs have been living in a 2.5 gallon plastic tub over the course of my move from Shrimp Town to the City of Blinding Lights.   I put them in the smaller tank because I knew that, over the course of my road trip, I'd need to sneak them into restaurants or cart them easily from my motel rooms to my car.  As fun as having contraband-ready crabs is, I wanted to get them back into their 10-gallon, glass-sided tank as quickly as I could once I was settled.   Today I finally got the requisite items from a variety of stores around my block.  They set out exploring and climbing as soon as I moved them back into their tank, which I affectionately call Ritz-Crableton, or Crabdorf Astoria.


Can you spot the crab in the picture above?


No comments: