Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sunday Selections (16/365)

Um, so this happened.



Last night I heard a pop and a hiss while my batteries charged, but I assumed it was my radiator.  When I was running out the door this afternoon, I dashed over to the power strip to grab these guys and pop them in my camera when I discovered their demise.  There wasn't time to figure out if the charger was salvageable and charge new batteries, so I left the camera at home.  

So it seems like a good day to participate in Frogpondsrock's cool meme, "Sunday Selections."  Her idea is to give a second chance at the spotlight to photos that didn't quite fit in previous posts.  I think it's a great idea, so here are some of my favorites from earlier this year.



I'm such a sucker for shadows and patches of light.  I love the way they're almost structural.


Walking to work through a snowstorm





The fruits and vegetables seem to be giving off an inviting glow.


Again with the shadows.


I set the camera on top of my dad's car with a crazy shutter speed.  It took the picture for what seemed like a minute, and the street looked floodlit.  





No comments: