Friday, July 29, 2011

Composition Study 2 (212/365)





My super and his crew (assistants? helpers? henchmen? none of these words seem quite right.  They're very nice, so henchmen shouldn't be right, but it somehow seems to fit) changed the light bulbs today and fiddled with the fixtures.  I couldn't make out why but it seemed like they just weren't satisfied with the way things were fitting together, or lighting.  It seemed like they were working on the project all day.  When I got back from dinner with friends, a bulb was in but the shade was down.  The hallway was bright but stark and I enjoyed and pondered the new lighting.  It seemed like a good opportunity to keep working on the composition study I started on Friday, considering dark space and light space and the feelings evoked thereof.


No comments: