Saturday, July 9, 2011

Looking Through (191/365)







Today my boyfriend and I went to a sculpture park that was featuring an installation about sight - the idea that the way you look at something impacts what you see.  Most of the sculptures invited you to look at the work from a certain vantage point, or to look at the landscape through a viewing hole.  One of them was made of camera lenses nestled between sandbags. It was accompanied by a depiction of a hand holding an iPhone to the camera lens and taking a picture through it.  We complied - me with my camera, not my phone.  The shot looks more like an iris than anything else.

 After a walk and dinner and another walk (it was a big dinner), we stood on the elevated train platform and I noticed the bright color of watermelons and flowers through the slats.


No comments: