Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Yikes! (209/365)





For the most part I try not to complain about the trains.  In general it's my belief that it's akin to complaining about the weather: futile and annoying to those around you. But I've finally had it UP. TO. HERE. Every weekend and now many weeknights there's a service disruption, trains rerouted or skipping stops to accomodate construction projects that may or may not be making progress.  I've learned (I thought) to check the service alerts ahead of time and be prepared.  And I've learned, I thought, to allow plenty of time if I want to get somewhere or get to bed at a reasonable hour.  But tonight's trip home was a saga of epic proportions; of signs posted had nothing to do what the trains actually did and trains that just didn't come.  "Why bother to post service alerts if you then just run the trains helter skelter?" I asked myself. "I try to make healthy, responsible choices and head home at a reasonable hour, but you make a 35-min trip take an hour and a half," I grumbled.

Anyway, to make a long story short, when I got home I really needed that Nutella on toast.


No comments: