Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Swish Swish, Meow Meow (99/366)





I joined four good friends for a shabu shabu dinner tonight - it's Japanese for "swish, swish," and diners swish their food in their own pots of boiling broth, cooking it to their liking and creating their own soup.*  It always makes for a delicious and healthy dinner, even though we Americans, unaccustomed to chopsticks, make glorious messes of our meals.

These cats graced the hostess stand and looked out over the small waiting area, accompanied inexplicably by a Christmas tree.  The cat on the left has such a noble, understanding look on his face, doesn't he?  I wonder what he sees as he watches the customers each day, what stories he knows.

*There are also Chinese and Korean versions of this same restaurant concept, called hot pot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty kitties!

Yankee, Transferred said...

I just love coming over here. I never know if I am going to see something totally familiar, or totally unfamiliar. I always get a treat, whichever it is.