Saturday, April 19, 2008

Waves and Wind (110/366)




I spread my wings today!  I've been taking a course on climate change and theology at my church, and today we had a field trip to learn about how rising sea levels might affect the coast.  We also visited an expo on sustainability and energy conservation. Our mini-road trip was a blast; it was so delightful to explore, and it was hard to choose just one photo!  So I chose just three, which was hard enough.


The beach was bedecked with speckled stones, of all colors and kinds.  The water was freezing, as we've only had one day above 70°,  but it felt so good around my toes.   A gang of kids were actually swimming, shivering in their swimsuits.  Of course, around here, if we didn't swim when it was cold we'd never swim at all.  


This is (the shadow of) the energy of the future! Can you guess what it is?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wind Turbine I'm guessing. I love the picture of all the pebbles - they look like jewels in the sand

Yankee, Transferred said...

I would have said some kind of wind item, too. These are great photos.

jo(e) said...

I love that first photo. (I'm partial to photos with sailboats in them.)

Unknown said...

picture perfect, as they say.

i'm with jo(e) on that first one. love.

Audrey Mango said...

Thanks, guys! You're right, BSouth and YT, it's a wind turbine.

Andromeda Jazmon said...

I love the beach shots too. Those little pebbles always get me.