Sunday, April 11, 2010

Flowerbudding


My garden has a lot of potential.


This strawberry will be ripe any day now. Maybe tomorrow? 
It'll be my first one, but I can't take too much credit for it: 
there were already unripe berries on the plant when I bought it.
Then there is another on the other side of the pot with just a tinge of pink. 
I'll take a little more credit for the second berry when it's ripe.


I don't want to jinx my plants by blogging about them,
but some are getting ready to flower.
I'm excited about the ones that have overwintered, 
like my blue duranta and jasmine.

I'm really excited about my hibiscus: it's come back from death's door
where it went after some spider mites found it.
My boss gave me some organic orange scented oil,
and that was the miracle cure. 




I have some new blooms, too.
Their buds are like little beach balls.






These fuzzy little leaves catch the dewdrops.


And these will be good with the tomatoes that will, if all goes well, grow.


I love this diaphanous flower, too,


and the twirling, unfurling leaf of my canna.
I'm feeling so excited and joyful when I look at my little garden.


Does spring make you hopeful?
Is there anything about nature that brings you joy?

No comments: