Sunday, April 18, 2010

Three Walks

I've had a few weekend walks 
in the City Where the Water Bends 
over this winter and this spring.
I've watched the light begin to peek
out from bare branches
and around the corners of row houses,
and watch life begin to burst at the seams. 








On my first walk, in February, the light
was still sharp and hard.
It was cold, relatively speaking;
leaves were dark and held themselves stiffly,
not wanting to give in too much.


On my second walk, on Easter weekend,
the light was round and golden, billowing
and the plants had given in, covering themselves with flowers.
The sun pushed its arms in through windows
 and leaned up against walls, 
full of rejoicing.












Then, this weekend,
it was summer,
we were sure.






Do you like to take walks?
How do the places on your route change as the seasons pass?
What do you think about while you are walking?



1 comment:

Yankee, Transferred said...

I want to stand in the same place, somewhere, anywhere, every day for one year and photograph that very place at the same time of day. I love the way things change while remaining the same.
Your light is wonderful, and your words...more so.