Sunday, April 25, 2010

They're here!





My jasmine is finally blooming!
I've had it for almost a year, and last summer it offered just two blossoms.
This spring it's covered in buds and I've been watching and waiting,
looking at the buds each day, guessing which will open first
and trying to imagine their scent.

This morning I saw the first two,
ethereally beautiful and the soft and moist air.

By the time I came back out with my camera just before lunch,
the first blossom's petals were already tinged with rust.
Now that night has fallen, so have my two flowers,
but two more have opened to take their place.




Then I saw that the blue duranta was blooming, and that the bougainvillea had set out flowers as well.
They trembled in the breeze.
It's amazing how quickly flowers come and then fade.
I look away from my plants for a minute, and they change.




What pleasant surprises have you had lately?
What are you waiting and hoping for?

No comments: