Monday, January 21, 2008

Polka Dot Tights (21/366)






Today was the kind of day that benefits from the cheeriness of polka dot tights.  


Thesis deadlines are coming fast and I had to work in the library, so I ventured out in the cold still nursing a knee injury from an ice-skating tragedy  (a story for another day).  I needed to compile sources for my tentative bibliography; I hobbled around the endless stacks, piles of books in my arms, under the glowering, territorial gaze of undergrads, who seemed to sense that I was not one of them.  When my work was finished - at least for the day - I trundled home cold, hungry, and slightly grumpy.   But my spirit was bolstered when I spotted a friend on the bus; we had a nice chat.  I cooked dinner to share with another friend: a simple meal of chicken, carrots, and tator tots.  We agreed that while fancy meals and fancy clothes are nice for some days, other days nothing hits the spot like potatoes and polka dots.

2 comments:

Ampersand said...

Wow, the light just highlights all the patterns and shapes in this shot. Very cool.

Unknown said...

yeh, the black and white was a good touch, really shows off the texture.