Saturday, January 26, 2008

Waiting (26/366)





Some days a little waiting pays off, and today my patience was rewarded.   I arrived at the subway station after work today to find it absolutely jammed with people waiting for my train. When the train finally arrived, it too was stuffed to the gills. I wasn't in any hurry, so I thought it best to let others on and just wait for the next one.   Everyone piled into the cars and the train pulled away, and sure enough, not twelve seconds afterward, the next train glided in virtually empty.  What delight!   
Today was also the day when tickets went on sale for my mostest favoritest of all time sports team.  The excitement!  But everyone in my city and the surrounding five states all logged on to the Web site at the same time, hoping for a chance.  I had to log off to go to work, log back in when I got home, and log off again to go for groceries.  It was nigh 11:00 and I was beginning to assume that my continued presence in the Virtual Waiting Room was an excercise in futility when I saw that I had gotten through!  I've got tickets to three games,  and as far as I'm concerned, this summer can't go wrong.   Hurray for patience!   

2 comments:

bsouth said...

Well done on getting the tickets - I'm a music fan and find the same thing, I'm endlessly trying to get into jammed up websites to get tickets. I love the picture, the sense of hussle and bussle reminds me of working in London.

Ampersand said...

fantastic shot.