Monday, January 14, 2008

Shelter (14/366)






It snowed.   
It was hard to decide on a photo today; I had so much fun shooting in the snow and my neighborhood looked absolutely gorgeous.  However, I finally decided on this shot, one of the first I took when I woke up. 
I like the different way of looking at the snowstorm: the way the summer chairs are riding out the winter storm, and the juxtaposition of the blowing snowflakes and the sedentary chairs.  It seems to be a reminder that a little bit of summer is present in wintertime and a meditation on the passing seasons.  The past and the future flow together here.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wow, i like this picture...the view. makes me not want to get out of bed...lol.

Unknown said...

Ohhh, smashing, Miss Mango! We got a flurry today, but no real snow. Send some down to DE!