Saturday, February 23, 2008

Runner Down for the Kickball Award (54/366)






Last summer the psychology department challenged mine to a kickball match.  It was really a terrible amount of fun: almost everyone from our department came; some of the guys had made t-shirts especially for the event; the visiting Australian students taught us to cheer, "Aussie-Aussie-Aussie!  Oy Oy Oy!"  I took a terrific, screeching slide in the sand as I rounded third base on my classmate's kick into the outfield, but I still managed to score - and from first base.  At the end of the summer session, I got an award (!) for my spectacular baserunning: the "Runner-Down for the Kickball Award."  I've kept it; you've got to admit that pathetic little kickball is adorable.   And even though he doesn't have his own thesis to write or work-related stresses, I feel like he is commiserating with me today.

No comments: