Monday, February 11, 2008

Problem (42/366)





Something's been bugging me about my photos ...  I often see a scene with beautiful soft light and interesting shadows, but have trouble capturing it becuase 1) with the flash, the beautiful soft light and interesting shadows disappear, and 2) without the flash, the darker areas are fuzzy-wuzzy with visible pixel patches, if you know what I mean.  Today's shot is a classic example.   I like the first one, up top, but it's not ideal; the other two illustrate the conundrum even better.

Any suggestions?  



1 comment:

Andromeda Jazmon said...

I have this exact problem on all my indoor shots. I think the answer might be a better camera. One where I could set the exposure myself. And put it on a tripod so the shutter could stay open long enough to capture the true light/shadows.

The truth is our eyes are amazing and miraculous.