Friday, February 22, 2008

Hatherly Road (53/366)





There is a Hatherly Road in my neighborhood, which I had never been down, but which always made my heart skip a beat when I passed it, because there was also a Hatherley Road (with an 'e') in my town when I lived in England.  In fact, I went to a hospital in the village of Up Hatherley (isn't that the coolest?)  to get my allergy shots - or "jabs," as injections are so adorably called there.   I finally took a walk down this Hatherly Road today, and it was just as delightful as I had hoped.  


In other news, my thesis is getting me down a little today.

7 comments:

Professor TIllman said...

Beautiful. Each day I am so impressed by the thoughts and emotions that you capture, both in words and in images!

I remember your "jabs" - what an ordeal! I've been missing England a lot lately too. And missing you!

Sending thesis-love beams your way,
Sarah

angelfeet said...

There's a Hatherley Road about 8 miles from me, so that name jumped out at me too. Not as scenic as the near to you now. Lovely snow; we've had none, a mixed blessing, so I'm enjoying seeing it in photographic form.

Audrey Mango said...

That's funny! I wonder if there are many Hatherley Roads, or you live close to my old haunts.

Yankee, Transferred said...

I LIVED RIGHT THERE FOR 13 YEARS!!!!
34 HATHERLY ROAD!!!! THAT VERY FIRST HOUSE IN THE PHOTO!!!
I tell you, that house is magical. I loved living there and I still dream about it all the time. It's where I was living when I adopted my first child, and when a lot of other wonderful monumentous occasions took place in my life.

Audrey Mango said...

AAHHH!!!!! YT, that's so COOL!!!! Wow, what a small world! I'm amazed. I'm glad to know that a house that looks so adorable from the front was such a wonderful place for a nice person like you! :) I'll say to it for you next time I pass it!

angelfeet said...

Audrey, I think it's unlikely ours is the same Hatherley Road. Mine is in South-East London/North Kent.

And that's amazing about YT!

Audrey Mango said...

Ahh, "mine" was in Gloucestershire.